Traditional PCB circuit boards are often divided into single, double, and multilayer boards, and multilayer boards are divided into single-press and multi-press structures. This design of course involves some electrical properties and link density issues, but because of the rapid technological advancement of electronic products, these geometric structures cannot meet the component installation density and electrical requirements. In order to improve the link density of components, from the geometric point of view, only by compressing the space of lines and connection points can more contacts be accommodated in a small space to increase the link density. Of course, it is also possible to stack multiple components in one position to increase the packing density. Therefore, the high-density circuit board is not just a circuit board technology, but also an issue of electronic assembly and assembly.
If the hdi pcb design concept is adopted, electronic products can obtain the following benefits:
(1) The same product design can reduce the number of carrier layers, increase the density and reduce the cost.
(2) Increase the wiring density and increase the capacity of the circuit in the unit area with micro-holes and thin wires, which can meet the assembly needs of high-density contact components, and it is advantageous to use advanced construction.
(3) The use of micro-hole interconnection can shorten the contact distance, reduce signal reflection, crosstalk between lines, and components can have better electrical performance and signal accuracy
(4) The structure uses a thinner dielectric thickness and the potential inductance is lower.
(5) The micro-hole has a low aspect ratio, and the signal transmission reliability is higher than that of the general through-hole.
(6) The micro-hole technology can allow the carrier board design to shorten the distance between the ground and the signal layer, thus improving the radio frequency / electromagnetic wave / electrostatic discharge (RFI / EMI / ESD) interference. It can also increase the number of ground wires to prevent the components from being damaged by instant discharge caused by static electricity accumulation.
(7) Micro-holes can increase the flexibility of circuit configuration and make circuit design easier.