Rigid flex pcb
The rigid-flex board has been used in the military and aerospace industries for more than 20 years. In most rigid-flex circuit boards, the circuit is composed of multiple flexible circuit inner layers that are selectively connected together using an epoxy resin prepreg adhesive film, similar to a multilayer flexible circuit. However, multilayer rigid flex pcb contain plate on the outside, inside or in between to complete the design.
The rigid-flex pcb combines the best combination of rigid board and flexible circuit into a single circuit. Two-in-one circuits are interconnected through plated-through holes. Rigid flexible circuits provide higher component density and better quality control. The design is rigid, requires additional support, and requires extra space in the corners and areas.
Advantages of Rigid flex pcb:
1.Rigid flex pcb is light and will not cause burden
2. The dielectric layer of the rigid flex pcb is thin and the thickness is relatively low
3. The transmission path of the rigid flex pcb is short
4. The diameter of the through hole of the rigid flex pcb is small
5. The rigid flex pcb has less impurities and high reliability
6. Connection reliability-the use of flexible cables to connect rigid layers is the basis of rigid flex pcb.
7. Lower number of components-Compared to traditional rigid boards, rigid flexible pcb require fewer components and interconnections
8. Flexible design options rigid flex pcb can be designed to meet highly complex and unimaginable configurations when using rigid substrates
9. High-density applications-In general, rigid components of rigid flex pcb are used in high-density device clusters. In addition, flexible circuits allow subtle lines to give way to high-density device clusters. The denser number of devices and lighter conductors can be designed into products, freeing up space for additional product functions.
Disadvantages of rigid flex pcb:
1. The cost is relatively high
2. The production cycle is relatively long
3. The process requirements of the production plant and the experience requirements of mechanical equipment and supporting engineering personnel are relatively high
Application range of rigid flex pcb:
1. Static applications-applications that only require a flex circuit to install the circuit and install it into its application (also known as flex-fit or flex-install).
2. Dynamic bending application-The flexible bending of the flexible circuit area itself for various reasons is beyond the scope of simple installation.
3. The advancement of rigid circuit board technology has expanded the application of electronic products in computers, communications and consumer electronics, automobiles, medical and military electronic products.
4. The increasing demand for more powerful and smaller products requires multiple layers to accommodate denser, finer line widths and spacing, and smaller hole sizes.
Check our rigid flex PCB capabilities by reviewing the table found below:
|Rigid Flex Thickness||0.4-3.2mm|
|Solder Mask Color(Rigid Part)||Customized|
|Covrelay(Flex Part)||Yellow coverlay,White Coverlay,Black coverlay|
|Finish Cooper(Flex Part)||0.5-2 oz|
|Finish Copper(Rigid part)||1-4 oz|
|Via Process||Tenting Bias,Plugged Vias,Vias not covered|
|Additional Options||Half-cut,Impedance control|
|Build time||3-15 days|
|Lead time||2-3 days|
Get Rigid flex pcb fabrication Service Online Today
Our Online PCB Quote allows you send your HDI PCB date. We have special people who will connect with you and Quotation to you within 12 hours.